Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Posting Images

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Beaker77

Beaker77

• Members
  • 179 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:33 PM

Just a general  comment on posting images.

This Forum is no problem at all, we can post an image or picture and up it comes on our post. Many Forums are the same.

But on some Forums and the Google Forums are included, there is no facility for pictures to be downloaded from our computer, only an "attachment" facility. This attachment has a highlighted "view download", which when clicked brings up your private Windows panel and from then on, anybody can wander about your computer viewing your private data in all kinds of places.

I came across this type of private incursion when I downloaded some test files to MBAM for analysis using their recommendations. I soon got them deleted by a Mod on privacy grounds. So the test was aborted.

Also when using the all popular IMG method, where the post normally immediately shows the image, these Forums do not show an image, but print the IMG details. You then click the IMG link, which can show details of where the image is coming from and you are  then transferred to the image site. 

In the case of Photobucket, this can allow anybody to view your private library. Ingur on the other hand is quite secure. OK, you can see it is going to Imgur when clicked, but that is all you do see. Only the image comes up and no other private data whatsoever from the Imgur site is revealed.

For Forums who do not print an image, it will always be the relatively innocent IMG and privacy conscious Imgur site that I will use. Photobucket will be a No-No.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users