Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

C#

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Elendil

Elendil

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 01 June 2006 - 01:22 PM

What do you all think about Microsoft's Free Visual C# 2005 Express Edition? Personally, I'm loving it right now... but that could just be a sign of how noobish I am :thumbsup:
Stanford '14
B.S. Candidate | Computer Science

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 01 June 2006 - 01:30 PM

A-flat or C-Major is preferable, although Beethoven's Op 131 was written in C#.
Purists will tell you that C++ is superior, and in some ways it is, but MS Visual has it's uses.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 DarkRaika

DarkRaika

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 01 June 2006 - 01:58 PM

I'm going to quote something my Programming Lecturer said in a Lecture at University.

Microsoft thinks you don't know what you are doing, so therefore, Microsoft fix it for you.

If you do something wrong, Microsoft fix it for you.
If you do something right, Microsoft fix it for you.

hehe :thumbsup: my programming lecturers are awesome, so funny.

:flowers:

DR

Sorry if you thought that was irelevant.

31337 is a prime number .... 1337 is not .... go figure!

#4 Alan-LB

Alan-LB

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 02 June 2006 - 12:49 AM

C and C++ are "standard" languages. This means that if you learn C++ you will be able to write and port your programs to any operating system - Windows, Unix, Solaris, Mac OS-X and Linux. Using Visual C# commits you to Microsoft - ie Windows - only.

Many large companies (ie employers) use Unix (or similar). If you know standard C++ you would be more employable as a programmer. Knowing C++ will also give you an advantage when learning derived languages such as Java and others.

If you only know Microsoft products you wil be more limited in scope.

I would suggest C++ as the best language to learn in order to make yourself most attractive to employers. As a language in itself it is excellent for almost any type of programming from Applications up to Systems programs.

You will hear many people giving many different opinions. Their opinions may be based on their own needs not necessarily on the merits of the language itself.

Think about what you want to achieve in programming and use this goal in determining which programming language to choose for yourself.

Alan
There are 10 types of people - those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Today is the Beta version of Tomorrow!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users