Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Keeps Dying?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dagrau

Dagrau

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:53 PM

Hello,

The problem here, is that my sound keeps dying when you leave it idle for about 10-20 mins. The sound will usually run as long as there is sound constantly playing. Everything was fine until a recent Windows Update, but even after doing restores up to the oldest points, the problem persists. The problem can be temporarily fixed by restarting the system, but again, when the system sit on idle without any sounds, it stop altogether.

I've tried checking the device manager and recommendations from Microsoft, but all turned out positive. Device Manager claims that there isn't any problems with sound. There is some thing I've noticed that might be related to this too:

Although sounds from videos from Youtube cannot be heard. However System sounds can be heard, ONLY IF Realtek Digital Output is enabled. If it isn't enabled, no sound can be heard, and "testing" the device yields a pop-up box saying "Failed to play test tone." Either that, viewing Realtek Digital Output in the Volume Mixer, shows there is sound, but I can't hear anything. 

On another note I did notice a lot of static sound coming from both speakers and headphone prior to this problem...I'm not sure what that mean however, it could be related? I've only owned this computer for about two years....

But without further ado, here are my specs :)

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name STAPLE-PC
System Manufacturer PEGATRON CORPORATION
System Model A15
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 207, 2012/05/02
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale Japan
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name staple-PC\staple
Time Zone Mountain Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 10.9 GB
Total Virtual Memory 22.1 GB
Available Virtual Memory 16.7 GB
Page File Space 6.21 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

SOUND DEVICE:

Name Realtek High Definition Audio
Manufacturer Realtek
Status OK
PNP Device ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0269&SUBSYS_1B0A20DE&REV_1002\4&461CB3A&0&0001
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\rtkvhd64.sys (6.0.1.6559, 4.52 MB (4,739,304 bytes), 2012/10/19 15:43)

Name Intel® Display Audio
Manufacturer Intel® Corporation
Status OK
PNP Device ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2806&SUBSYS_1B0A20CA&REV_1000\4&461CB3A&0&0301
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\intcdaud.sys (6.14.0.3090, 323.50 KB (331,264 bytes), 2012/10/19 15:37)

I am very sure that my onboard speakers, external speakers, and headphone are operating correctly. I've tested them on different computers, and they do work when I restart the computer. 

Thanks for any help in advance it means a lot to me for contributing your time! :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:06 PM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users