Jump to content
Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:52 PM
Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:47 AM
Do you still have this problem when you run your computer in Safemode with Networking?
Also, have you tried running virus scans while in safemode?
Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:06 AM
Re-started into Safemode with Networking;
- Initial launch of IE and GC both ended in DNS Errors.
- Attempted to Run Avast but it came back disabled and with the error of;
"Unable to start Scan. There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper"
Which I have absolutely no clue what that means.
- My internet connection seemed to work just fine upon launching and updating MWB
- Went for a threat scan and turned up absolutely nothing at all
- GC pulled up just fine thereafter for a bit, poked around at the usual sites I go to and got the DNS error triggered on some websites but not others. (General DNS lookup failure) Couldn't get the re-direct to pop up for me though despite visiting a few of the sites I know it likes to trigger on.
- Attempted Avast again, no luck, same error.
- Re-started as normal, Avast seems to be working just fine now and (as of yet) no DNS issues.
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users