Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop sleeps and then wakes up immediately

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rweintra

rweintra

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:30 PM

I've searched the web and the forums here to try to fnd this solution but nothing has worked. I am running Vista on an HP dv3210nr. When I would close the lid, it would put it to sleep or I could press the power button. They both work but within 1 minute, the computer turns back on again. I've checked the wake on lan settings within the device manager network cards and they're both unchecked. I've read that the BIOS needs to be adjusted, but when I go into BIOS settings, there is no advanced or power management settings. I'm at a loss but need to find a way to make it work again as my computer is now staying on for too long. When I check powercfg - lastwake, it states that the RTC timer expired.

I need help! Anyone have an idea of what I need to do? Thanks in advance for the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users