After 2 years of no problems, it seems I may have been infected with Malware. The hard drive spins constantly, making my laptop nearly worthless. I rebooted my computer in Safe Mode and ran several programs to try and find/remove the Malware. Some programs run OK and find nothing, but at least 3 programs run for a short time, then freeze up and the hard drive spins constantly.
Here is what I've tried so far:
- Norton Power Eraser - Finds no problems
- Panda Cloud Cleaner - Did find and quarantine a few issues
- Kaspersky - I ran a through scan on everything - it took several hours and did find 2 infections. Cleaned or quarantined both
- Malwarebytes - Gets to a certain point, then freezes. Hard drive spins constantly
- ESET - Gets to a certain point, then freezes. Hard drive spins constantly
- House Call - Gets to a certain point, then freezes. Hard drive spins constantly
- AdwCleaner - Ran this, log looks clean except for 1 Firefox and 1 Google Chrome file that are listed
- Junkware Removal Tool - Only tried to run in Safe Mode w/ Networking. Shows a command prompt screen, but nothing happens
- ComboFix - I have run this, can produce the log file if needed.
Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated!!