Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DC7800 cmt BIOS not fully ACPI compliant win 7

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 sirblockwood

sirblockwood

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:24 PM

Yes before i updated to the latest bios version 1.32 i was able to use my Nvidia Geforce GT 520 PCIE x16 and my PCIx1 Nvidia Geforce GT 610 at the same time to run 3-4 monitors but since updating to the BIOS version 1.32 when I try it loads a blue screen saying my BIOS is not fully ACPI compliant! Anyone know what the heck is going on?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,257 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:47 PM

Go into the BIOS and make sure ACPI is enabled. If that doesn't work, you may have to roll the BIOS back to the older version. Check with the motherboard manufacturer's website to ensure they have an updated BIOS that will work with ACPI. Because ACPI handles power management and Plug and Play devices, that's why your video cards no longer work.

#3 sirblockwood

sirblockwood
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:50 PM

How do i check for ACPI is enabled? i dont see a option but when i go to my device manager it says my computer is an ACPIX64..AND HOW DO I ROLL BACK A BIOS UPDATE? 

#4 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,257 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:59 PM

That's not configured in Device Manager. You'll have to boot into the BIOS menu in order to ensure ACPI is enabled. You didn't mention what kind of computer you have -- the key you press to get to the BIOS menu depends on your system. It could be F2, F8 or some other key.

To roll back the BIOS, flash it back to your older version. If you saved it (always a good idea when updating the BIOS), you can use that. Otherwise, you'll have to redownload the older version.

#5 sirblockwood

sirblockwood
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:05 PM

Okay well my computer is a HP DC7800 CMT running windows 7 64bit home premium! 8gb ram intel core 2 quad cpu 2.83GHz

#6 sirblockwood

sirblockwood
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:11 PM

i tried flashing back to an older version that i have but it says flash failed and my BIOS has become corrupt please contact HP but this computer is out of warranty 

#7 sirblockwood

sirblockwood
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:13 PM

im flashing current version again..hope it works!

#8 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,257 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:18 PM

From the tech manual on how to flash the BIOS: http://www.manualslib.com/manual/275291/Hp-Compaq-Dc7800.html?page=94

If you are flashing the BIOS from Windows, you must disable all antivirus programs: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Desktop-PC-Questions/Updating-dc7800-BIOS/td-p/431233

#9 sirblockwood

sirblockwood
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:25 PM

my virus program did not alert me that it had stopped anything from installing i am using Avast free!

#10 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,257 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:31 PM

It's still a good idea, and it may not alert you if it does interfere. If you are going to flash it from Windows, you may also want to boot into Safe Mode first.

#11 sirblockwood

sirblockwood
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:33 PM

what does safe mode do for when i do that? i really dont wanna screw this up? can i just unplug the CMOS Battery and plug it in after a minute to reset back to default bios version?

#12 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,257 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:43 PM

You want to ensure that nothing in Windows is interferring with the installation of the BIOS. Putting the machine in Safe Mode disables all unnecessary drivers and services, so the computer runs only what is essential. You could also try booting into the BIOS itself by pressing F10 at boot up, and updating the BIOS from there. http://www.ehow.com/how_6960327_update-bios-dc7800.html

Removing the CMOS battery will only reset the BIOS to the default settings. It won't take it back to the old version.

#13 sirblockwood

sirblockwood
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:14 PM

i have done everything and still wont flash an old bios on my system..guess im screwed!

#14 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,257 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:21 PM

Warranty or no, I think a call to HP tech support is in order.

For future note, updating the BIOS should only be done by experienced computer users and technicians, and only if there are hardware issues that only a new BIOS will fix. It's not like installing a program or even updating a driver. Botching a BIOS update can essentially destroy your system. And because the BIOS sits on a chip, the only way to fix it now may be to buy a new motherboard.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/258308/should_i_update_my_bios_.html

http://www.howtogeek.com/136881/htg-explains-do-you-need-to-update-your-computers-bios/

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/318267-should-i-upgrade-my-bios.html

#15 sirblockwood

sirblockwood
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:36 PM

On the phone with them now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users