Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Moving browser tabs between tablet/laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 raztactical

raztactical

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:02 PM

I have an android "jelly bean" tablet. My laptop is on the same wifi network as my tablet and currently uses windows 7. The tablet still runs on factory version of android 4.1.2 and kernel 3.4.0 though I'm thinking of installing custom rom and all that good stuff.

I was wondering whether there is a way to allow me to open google chrome tabs on my Laptop using my tablet (and not remote desktop) or move tabs that i have open on my tablet to my laptop and vice versa. E.g. I'm browsing internet on on chrome on my tablet but have chrome open on my laptop aswell and i want to move the tab to the bigger screen on my laptop or i need to leave the house but i have a page that I'm reading on my laptop and i want to move it to my tablet so i can continue reading later. 

Also I'm using the default email on my tablet but is there a way to open links from emails on my laptop by using my tablet? E.g. I press on the link and the page pops up on my laptop instead of tablet? 

If its impossible with chrome are there browsers that allow it? I know that i can bookmark items on pc and open bookmarks from my tablet and vice versa but it takes too much effort and I'm trying to make all my devices as connected together as possible

If you need any more information about any specifications etc. i can post them just tell me what you need.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:42 PM

Maybe not exactly opening tabs. But what you describe a lot can be accomplished using Pushbullet.

https://www.pushbullet.com/

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 raztactical

raztactical
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:39 PM

Maybe not exactly opening tabs. But what you describe a lot can be accomplished using Pushbullet.https://www.pushbullet.com/

This looks really nice though it's not exactly what I wanted. I will give it a try though if anyone knows any other apps like that please post it here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users