Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Does Throttled Down and Up speeds affect in-game ping

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Crackpot360

Crackpot360

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:32 AM

My ISP recently decided it would be a good idea to have a bandwidth cap daily limit of around 10 GB ... which is fine i guess, anyways the question here is that does throttled download speeds and upload speeds affect ping in game because after crossing the 10 GB limit set by the ISP my internet instead of completely shutting down goes into slow down and up speed via throttle at about 60 kbps and i think that because of that my games have high ping , i'm pretty sure that isn't the case but i'm asking this just for assurance 

Edited by Crackpot360, 27 July 2014 - 10:32 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MunitionsDudTester

MunitionsDudTester

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:54 AM

Ping is how long it takes for you to contact the game server/another client. So yes, if your connection is slowed then it will cause your ping to go up. Slower speed = longer time to contact gameserver/peer = higher ping

#3 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:01 PM

Something is wrong if you are using 10GB per day.  I have a rental attached to my home network and we watch Netflix and Amazon every night plus internet on phones and pcs/laptops and don't get even close to that in a month let alone in a day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users