Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How can i fix this lag when gaming?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Roblox

Roblox

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:49 AM

So i been playing games like Battlefieldplay4free , LoL etc. I play them at low resolutions and lowest Quality but they look really bad almost like a PS1 game. and they run at like 16 fps. And it usually lags when i spawn resulting in repeated spawn kills.

I can't afford a new PC but could you tell me what to upgrade in this machine and how much it will be in £££ but please keep it under £140.

Also if you think i should save that is a impossible task it would take me 4 years to get  £200 on top of my £140 (And i ain't waiting all ready waited 6 years!)

I been saving my pocket money since i was 8 to get to £140 now im 14 and need something with better performance.

So here is my specs:

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

CPU
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 62 °C
Brisbane 65nm Technology

RAM
2.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 328MHz (5-5-5-15)

Motherboard
ASUSTek Computer INC. Acacia (Socket AM2 ) 40 °C

Graphics
X19 (1280x1024@60Hz)
ATI Radeon HD 2350 (MSI) 54 °C

Storage
298GB Hitachi HDT725032VLA SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 54 °C

Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected

Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Edited by hamluis, 27 July 2014 - 01:00 PM.
Moved from Internal Hardware to System Bui9lding/Upgrading - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:35 AM

With only 2 GB of RAM you could be paging a good bit, so I'd add another 2 GB.  RAM is pretty cheap.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 MunitionsDudTester

MunitionsDudTester

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:34 AM

I looked up your GPU, Motherboard, and CPU and you're barely scraping by on the minimum system requirements for LoL, and you don't quite make the cut for battlefield 4.

I went to Newegg and started doing generic searches on the three items and found some results that should fit within or just out of your  £140 budget (Only by about + £10- £30) So if you go there I'm sure you'll be able to find what you're looking for.
NOTE: Make sure the components you buy are compatible with your motherboard!!! I looked up your motherboard and it seems that it is only able to support up to 4GB of RAM. Best advice, If you have the manual for it, make sure you go over it thoroughly before making any purchases.

Below I linked the specifications so you can see exactly what the developers say you need in order to run the game in order to help you with your decision process.

Battlefield 4 System Requirements

League of Legends System Requirements

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

#4 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 PM

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:00 PM

Hi, upgrading the CPU is a dead end but the RAM and the graphics card is possible, but first could you provide the specific model of this desktop PC?

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#5 Datcoolguy

Datcoolguy

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:18 PM

BattlefieldPlay4free isn't Battlefield 4, i doubt bf4 would even launch on his system, it's EA's attempt at grabbing money trough BF2

Aren't you a little young to be buying hardware on your own? Do you even know how to install new hardware?

"If you don't understand how your computer works, you shouldn't be messing with it!"

#6 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:32 PM

Go to Crucial and run their system scan to find out how much RAM you can have in your machine.  RAM is the biggest bang for the buck upgrade you can do for a computer.  If you can go to 8GB you should see a massive improvement in performance.  If you can go to 4GB you will see some improvement.

I'd recommend discussing with your parents about possibly getting a new(er) machine for (insert gift giving reason here).  Offer to toss in your 140 pounds to get a better machine.  Putting the money towards a newer machine would probably get you further along and you'll be much happier.  Maybe see if they will match your funds towards a new machine?  You should be able to get something pretty good for almost 300 pounds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users