Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CPU help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Green_Razor

Green_Razor

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:46 PM

I was looking at the system requirements for Watch Dogs using CanIRunIt, and it said that I couldn't, but gave no reason as to why besides it recommended to have a Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66Ghz or AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0Ghz CPU. I have an AMD Athlon™ II X4 640 Processor and I was wondering if they are equivalent.

Edited by Green_Razor, 26 July 2014 - 05:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:49 PM

Those AMD processors and not equal.

Stay well and surf safe

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:31 PM

I think the Athlon II just had no L3 cache compared to the Phenom II, which cost it some performance.  It should be in the same ball park as the two processors you mention though.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare.php?cmp[]=171&cmp[]=367&cmp[]=1041

Edited by jonuk76, 26 July 2014 - 10:08 PM.

7sbvuf-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users