Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird flash/java/youtube issues.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dropson

Dropson

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:21 PM

Hello.

I've already been over this at the malware forum and didn't manage to get any help or even get to the root of my problem so I was told to make a new topic here.

Recently I've been getting a rather annoying issue during internet browsing. After a period of time both Flash and Java start to behave weird, all java elements on websites stop working, embedded youtube videos are just blank, they do not load at all like below:

JeGb6WB.jpg

This problem only happens when I try to access Google related sites - their search engine, gmail or youtube. Java issue affect everything in general. After that all attempts to use any Google sites end with a message like this:

QID3zIL.jpg

and I get redirected to a random add/survey website. This happened on all possible browsers I tried - Chrome, IE, Opera. 

According to all the scans I was told by the malware guys to run my computer is perfectly clean. So where does this issue come from? I didn't change anything, I didn't download any suspicious files.

I tried using several anti wirus/malware applications to see if my computer is in fact infected, but all of them came back empty. I tried Spyhunter, Defender, Ad-Aware, Malwarebytes, Hitmanpro, ESET online scanner and probably many others with no avail. 

So after hours of no viable solution I went with the system restore option, but that solved the problem only for a brief time before if came back again. 

After that I went I reformatted my system partition, set up a fresh Windows 8.1, but even that didn't solve anything. After like 30-60 minutes everything was back to "normal". After settining up a fresh system it doesn't matter if I download Java or Flash. Like an hour after setting up a fresh system it just pops up again.

So then I wiped out my whole hard drive out of desperation. Same result.

What was also weird is that this problem wasn't present on Windows 8, it only resurfaced after I upgraded to 8.1 and installed all the updates.

The issue seems to go away after reinstalling flash, java and clearing the browser cache as well as restoring it to factory settings. But it always comes back after a brief period of time. 

After almost two week of this crap I'm really lost and don't know what to do so any kind of help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:39 PM

[just some guesses on my part]

Have all of the drives/partitions on your system been scanned and, with root kit scanners?

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 Dropson

Dropson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:50 AM

Yes and yes. Multiple times. Seems clean. That's why I was sent here :] It even persists through a format so I doubt it's a malware problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users