Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ram Compatibility?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Odori

Odori

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:01 PM

I'm a novice when it comes to this and any help or advice is greatly appreciated. It's intended to be a budget game machine.

This is my motherboard.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A88X+%20BTC/

I'm using the AMD A10-7850K APU so I want to use 8gb 2133 (the highest the apu supports) for memory. I originally ordered the G.Skill Trident X ram but it does not fit in my mobo so this time around I'm using the mobo's memory compatibility chart here however, I'm dissapointed with the memory listed there. Most of the 4gb isn't even sold on newegg anymore, infact all the 1800+ ram isn't available. So my questions are: is this really the only memory that will work with my board? If not, what ram would you reccomend / would this ram work? If the ram listed in compatibility list is really my only options, which one would be best for my situation? Once again, can't thank anyone enough for help.

Edited by Odori, 26 July 2014 - 12:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:43 PM

Hi I would suggest trying a Memory Vendor. They usually have memory listed and tested for specific equipment.

Examples would Be Kingston or Crucial. You can search by Your motherboard make and model and they will then show You memory that will fit and work.

For example when I look for You computer I saw that Two 8Gb in a kit for a total of 16Gb was around $170.

I looked for an Asrock FM2A88X+ BTC as You listed.

Good Luck

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:00 AM

Your motherboard looks like it should use standard DDR3 240-pin DIMM's.  Did the memory not fit into the slot or was there some other kind of incompatibility, such as the RAM hitting a fan?  The G.Skill RAM has a large heatsink attached to it.  Something more low-profile, like the Patriot Viper 3 Low Profile Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133, may be a better choice if the RAM heatsinks were the issue.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users