Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow PC

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ComputerScream

ComputerScream

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 26 July 2014 - 01:38 AM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/542278/pc-has-got-super-slow/ - Hamluis.

Having the same problem. Just installed Emsisoft in my laptop but its gone super slow. Not sure what to do. Can't really do much when its like this.

Edited by hamluis, 26 July 2014 - 11:48 AM.
nm for the edit, PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrFlippers

MrFlippers

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 26 July 2014 - 01:41 AM

Having the same problem. Just installed Emsisoft in my laptop but its gone super slow. Not sure what to do. Can't really do much when its like this.

Try Booting you PC into Safe-Mode with Networking and try to do the Following I stated above.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 26 July 2014 - 10:35 AM.
post referred to has been removed. It contained tools which are restricted to malware removal forum only

#3 ComputerScream

ComputerScream
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:35 AM

Couldn't find Safemode on my laptop. However downloaded and ran the above recommended links which appear to have helped enormously. So far huge improvement. Thanks.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 26 July 2014 - 10:27 AM.
Links referred to are in a post which has been removed. Links include tools which are for use in malware removal forums only

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:24 PM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users