Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xpcspy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 carninesix

carninesix

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 01 June 2006 - 11:40 AM

This question is more to be sure that XPCspy is safe to use as described on their web site. I require a keylogger to log instant messenger messages and where they are browsing, I am worried about the kids and what they are up too. As this is a powerful little piece of software and is very stealthy I want to check with the experts.

This seems to be the best software I have seen, BUT I am unsure and wanted to check with experts. I am trying to avoid getting in too deep and having problems later.

Thanks, Steve

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,732 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 01 June 2006 - 12:33 PM

If it's on your own machine, for your own use, thats one thing. But be advised that virtually every reliable antimalware tool sees it as spyware and will cause considerable conflicts and try and remove it. Are the headaches of working around it worth it? Only you know the answer to that.

Be (malware removal conflict) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 carninesix

carninesix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 01 June 2006 - 02:22 PM

If it causes these problems, is their something else that I can use in it's place. I do not wish to restrict access for any of the kids, I just want to check up on them. This has all come about after watching the NBC Dateline program on Internet Predators. Just want to be safe.

Thanks Steve

Edited by carninesix, 01 June 2006 - 02:23 PM.

Oldest desktop, home build, WinXP Pro, P4 @ 1.8, 1Gb ram, nVidia Geforce 6600 256Mb, Maxtor 40 Gb C-60 Gb D, NEC DVD+RW I, LG CDRW J, 17" 1280X1024 32Bit, Cooler Master Aquagate, Motorola SB5101 Cable modem, Belkin G Plus MIMO Router, Belkin 1200VA UPS
Laptop, COMPAQ V5205NR
Middle desktop, eMachines W6409, added 1 Gb ram, added ATI X300 256 Mb
Newest desktop, home build, Vista Ultimate, Conroe 6600 @ 2.4, 2Gb ram, nVidia 8800GTX 768Mb, Samsung 500 Gb Sata, Samsung DVD, 22" 1680X1050 32Bit, CyberPower 1285VA UPS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users