Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gigabyte Motherboard System Fan Trouble

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LordofCactus

LordofCactus

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:34 PM

I noticed that the System Fan port number one on my motherboard wouldn't run my new fans, while it would run my old ones. I tested the voltage on each of the System Fan ports and noticed that SYS_FAN2 and SYS_FAN3 are both at 12 volts while SYS_FAN1 is only at 8 volts, which won't run my 12 volt fan. How can I change the voltage on SYS_FAN1 to be 12 volts, if possible?

Thanks

Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H

Fans are Noctua NF-A14FLX

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:51 PM

I guess you already know the answer...

This is a hardware specification, it can't be changed without physically modifying your machine.

Nice fans BTW.

TsVk!

#3 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:33 PM

You can try turning off any "Smart Fan" profiles which varies the voltage according to the detected system temperature.  You can set them individually for each fan header on some boards.  If you have Easy Tune or Gigabyte System Information Viewer (software varies according to board) then you can set fixed speed to maximum - you might need to calibrate the fans first. Otherwise it should be something that can be set in the BIOS.

This is the software that came with my Gigabyte Z97 board.

yNmXj4M.png

Edited by jonuk76, 25 July 2014 - 08:37 PM.

7sbvuf-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users