Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

V Tec Support?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Zackers

Zackers

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:00 PM

This company recently sold my mother virus/ malware removal and secuirity program for a very large amount of money. I am very conerned she was taken advantage of.

I'm very defensive and am trying to be to the point and polite.

Is anyone familier with thiscompany?

http://www.vtecsupport.com/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,238 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:44 PM

It is a legitimate company... Value for money is another thing. It depends on what you value and how much money you have.

She has not been "ripped off" but has possibly bought an expensive service, assuming they do actually provide the service. Sales tactics and business ethic are a completely different subject.

Personally, I am totally in support of start-up companies like this. Imagine if these people had turned their attentions to creating malware, and then your family encountered them. It could be a lot worse.

TsVk!

#3 Zackers

Zackers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:54 PM

It is a legitimate company... Value for money is another thing. It depends on what you value and how much money you have.

She has not been "ripped off" but has possibly bought an expensive service, assuming they do actually provide the service. Sales tactics and business ethic are a completely different subject.

Personally, I am totally in support of start-up companies like this. Imagine if these people had turned their attentions to creating malware, and then your family encountered them. It could be a lot worse.

TsVk!

That makes me feel better

#4 Zackers

Zackers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:43 PM

thanks.

#5 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,238 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:48 PM

It's just one of "those" things mate... :busy:

#6 Didier Stevens

Didier Stevens

• BC Advisor
  • 2,734 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:11 AM

From the bit of research I just did it seems a legit company, but it is brand new:

domain registered: 08-may-2014

first Tweet: 5-jul-2014

So I don't think you'll get lots of reviews or opinions with a company this young.

Didier Stevens
http://blog.DidierStevens.com
http://DidierStevensLabs.com

SANS ISC Senior Handler
Microsoft MVP 2011-2016 Consumer Security, Windows Insider MVP 2016-2019
MVP_Horizontal_BlueOnly.png

If you send me messages, per Bleeping Computer's Forum policy, I will not engage in a conversation, but try to answer your question in the relevant forum post. If you don't want this, don't send me messages.

Stevens' law: "As an online security discussion grows longer, the probability of a reference to BadUSB approaches 1.0"

#7 momOfThree01

momOfThree01

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:34 PM

upon doing my own research, I found this forum pertaining to Vtec. I've used the service myself and they have done an amazing job fixing my computer. I am not computer literate at ALL. So after reading this forum i can safely say now that i now know that they are a legitimate company and 

I just wanted to make sure i was not dooped out of my money and time. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users