Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Font has changes on all websites and all browsers???

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 grahamegdg

grahamegdg

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:23 PM

Hi, the font has changed on all websites I view including facebook, twitter etc and other random websites and on all browsers...this is a screen shot of how what I'm typing looks on my screen so you can see what I mean!

bloodystupidfonts.png

I'm a web designer so this is causing me all sorts of problems with websites looking different for clients! If anyone could help that would be great thanks :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HairCut

HairCut

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:23 PM

Install and use the Font Finder add-on in Firefox. You will then be able to identify which font is being rendered in Firefox. Then you can investigate if it is the correct font by perhaps finding an image online depicting the font and comparing closely. Then consider if the font in the Windows font folder might have been replaced or need replaced. ....

One other thought - Check your browser settings -

Here's what mine looks like in Firefox (advanced on the left):

Attached Files

Edited by HairCut, 25 July 2014 - 06:39 PM.

#3 grahamegdg

grahamegdg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:24 AM

Right I think I know what's wrong...I used the font finder add-on and it came back with this:

Font
===============================
font-family (stack): "Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif
Font being rendered: "Helvetica Neue"
font-size: 24px

Standard text is just Helvetica not Helvetica Neue right? This reminded me that I installed Neue a couple of days ago so that must be it! Only problem is I cant un-install it now because it keeps saying the font is in use even when I close all programs.

#4 grahamegdg

grahamegdg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:00 AM

Solved it! Thought I would share this for anyone else coming across this thread...

Ok so I was right Helvetica Neue was the problem...I had to download NexusFont to be able to delete it, just some font managing program that allows you to preview and manage fonts better than control panel and it's all back to normal :)

#5 HairCut

HairCut

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:16 AM

Helvetica Neue seems to be Twitter's favoured font. I wonder how many people actually have it installed.

I don't:

font-family (stack): "Helvetica Neue",Arial,sans-serif
Font being rendered: Arial
font-size: 13px

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users