Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Built computer shows 'Windows NT has found only 500K of low memory'

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shashman

shashman

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:59 PM

Has Windows XP professional on it.  Recntly, that is this morning, when I tried to boot up the computer, it goes past the splash screen and then gives me an error 'Windows NT has found only 500K of low memory.  512K of low memory is needed to run Windows NT.  You may need to upgrade your computer or run a configuration program provided by the manufacturer'

What does all this mean, and why did it happen suudenly and how do I fix it

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,874 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:00 PM

It has been suggested that you reset your BIOS to 'Default' values.

How much RAM is installed on your system, and what is the make and model of your computer ?

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users