Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

5.1 Sound in Windows Media Player 12?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mfc90125

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:57 PM

Hi, this question may have been asked previously, but I'm experiencing trouble getting my HTPC Win 7 64-bit box to output to Master Audio or even 5.1 when playing music - here is the gear I'm working with:

1. ASUS P7H55-M Pro Motherboard

2. 8 GB RAM

3. Denon AVR-591

4. Windows Media Center with ripped albums and movies

Here's the weird thing: when I play any ripped movie through Windows Media Center that offers 5.1, the system performs flawlessly.  However, music only will pump out of the front speakers and not the center channel.

When I go to configure the sound and select the DENON AVAMP, I can customize the sound by selecting (among others) STEREO or 5.1 SURROUND.  For SURROUND, I am given two options (side and rear), neither of which work.  I can hear the rear speakers when press TEST.  However, if I set the system up with plain STEREO, all speakers output and movies still produce separation.   I can also achieve the same effect by choosing 5 CHANNEL STEREO from the Denon.  Either way, it seems to make no difference what speakers I set up on the HTPC, as the Denon produces whatever it wants.

Any ideas as to solving this dilemma?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users