Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Got a new graphics card.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 kingspartan2

kingspartan2

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 AM

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:40 PM

Hi guys i just want to make this short and sweat,

So i brought a new graphics card..

(Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X 4096MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card (11227-03-40G)

but when i start up my pc the HDMI isnt working that is plugged into the graphics card and when i install drivers from AMD.com and from the disk, it says there was an error. But when i look at the error report it says "Successful" But when i look into device manager there is only intel graphics HD (the default ones) whats causing this problem please help?

first time doing this so sorry for lack of information.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Cobalt006

Cobalt006

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:26 PM

Sound as though either the card did not install correctly. Or you need to disable the onboard graphics in the bios. 

#3 kingspartan2

kingspartan2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:50 PM

Any other options?

#4 glonner

glonner

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:23 PM

If you just bought the card and are getting problems, have you tried Sapphire's support? You should still be able to get help from them.

Edited by glonner, 29 July 2014 - 12:23 PM.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:23 PM

That GPU should have come with a CD with the drivers on it.

What is the make and model of the computer this is installed in?

Are you aware that this GPU requires a 750w PSU?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 kingspartan2

kingspartan2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:33 PM

Yeah ive used the installation disk, it says successful but doesn't install anything, i use 2 power supply's at the moment before  i get a new one, i think one is 450W and the other is 750W ive also contacted Sapphire support also, just waiting for a reply off them.

#7 kingspartan2

kingspartan2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:13 PM

Would this motherboard be compatible with this card? this is what i think is the problem, its a very old motherboard.

MSI H61M-P31/W8

Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X 4096MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card (11227-03-40G)

Just a thought!

#8 kingspartan2

kingspartan2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:06 AM

Anyone know? before i buy a new motherboard?

#9 Cobalt006

Cobalt006

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:46 PM

MSI USA H61M-P31/W8     If this is the board you have. It is not that old and should support that card. From what I have read . It sounds more like you may have a os problem. Which in turn is not allowing you to install the drivers. Did you make sure all old drivers of other video cards were uninstalled and out of the system before trying to install the new card. Plus did you try a clean install of the new drivers? If you have done all this . You should contact support for your video card as was suggested in post 6#

You may have a bad card.

#10 kingspartan2

kingspartan2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:28 PM

Would it be the 2 power supplys that im using? my current 1 is not enough power so i used another one i had. just seems that mixing the connectors is not a good idea, maybe just 1 power supply that would run it would fix it?

#11 Cobalt006

Cobalt006

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:02 PM

Would it be the 2 power supplys that im using? my current 1 is not enough power so i used another one i had. just seems that mixing the connectors is not a good idea, maybe just 1 power supply that would run it would fix it?

Just try one with enough wattages for the card. See if this works for you.. Are you trying to run both at the same time?  

#12 kingspartan2

kingspartan2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:04 PM

Yeah, one is not enough, because the lack of slots, thats why i use two. To fill in all the slots needed. Im looking at a new power supply,

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-155-CS&campaign=affiliate/tag

Maybe this will fix it?

#13 Cobalt006

Cobalt006

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:25 AM

If your trying to run two power supplies to one card. That their is your problem. So hopefully getting One power supply  that meets the need of the card . Will do the trick. Good Luck. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users