Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Warning high temps

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jambajewski

Jambajewski

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:38 PM

Just built my computer yesterday, and the temp programs keep giving me warnings for high temps that are absolutely outrageous. within 30 seconds of signing on to the computer i got a warning saying my motherboard was 128 celcius, and it also warns me that my fans "are not working". (if my MOBA was really at 128 wouldn't the computer automatically shut off? All fans are running and I can adjust speed without a problem. The computer no hot air is being ejected from the computer either.

Is something connected wrong or is it possible that the corsair temp monitor just sucks?

Thanks,

Jambajewski

Edited by Jambajewski, 25 July 2014 - 02:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Cobalt006

Cobalt006

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:41 PM

Try a different  program such as HWmonitor, By CPUD.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,404 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:52 PM

If no hot air is leaving the computer...it seems that you have a cooling problem, IMO.  The PSU fan functions as the system exhaust, dispelling the warmer air (which rises to the top of the system).

As for temperature monitors...there is no one that is guaranteed to be accurately do the job.  The CPU temp reflected in the BIOS is probably the most accurate, since it is built into the system...but that's only the CPU temperature.

Louis

#4 Jambajewski

Jambajewski
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:49 PM

sorry for the miscommunication Louis, what i meant to say is that the air leaving the case is at room temp, so it doesn't seem to be an airflow problem with heat but the programs keep giving me lots of warnings.

I am also having trouble getting it to detect the Ethernet cord. The system keeps saying that I need a driver, but the last computer I built was able to just plug and play, also tried installing my wifi card to see if it would register that but it seemed to do nothing. 

Any suggestions on the Ethernet problem?

Thanks,

Jambajewski

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,404 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:40 AM

Drivers come with motherboard purchases...to assure that the system truly functions as a system and Windows can communicate with all aspects of the system.

You should have a CD/DVD which came with the motherboard and that should contain the drivers for audio, video, LAN, etc.  Use that disk to install any drivers required.

To check the status of missing drivers...go to Device Manager.  Any drivers missing will be reflected prominently in Device Manager.

Depending on the age of the motherboard, Win 7 may have the required drivers in its store when installed...that's the only situation that I can think of where you might not have to use the Drivers disk to install drivers.

If disk is not available, the drivers for the O/S should be downloaded from the motherboard manufacturer's website...and then installed.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users