Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

This computer is slow at (Gaming) & (Video editing)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Roblox

Roblox

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:20 PM

Hi i have a tonne of games that when i try to play at minimum start pushing my CPU and RAM usage to very high usage!

The games look real bad on minimum but if i had the cash i would go buy Decent parts. 

But with only £100 i can't buy much. What should i do? I want to play my games but can't! It would take me another 4 years to get to £600.

Any thing i can do to my machine to make it game good?

Specs:

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

CPU
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 62 °C
Brisbane 65nm Technology

RAM
2.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 328MHz (5-5-5-15)

Motherboard
ASUSTek Computer INC. Acacia (Socket AM2 ) 40 °C

Graphics
X19 (1280x1024@60Hz)
ATI Radeon HD 2350 (MSI) 54 °C

Storage
298GB Hitachi HDT725032VLA SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 54 °C

Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected

Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

I really want to game but how do i game with £100 :(  I don't think i could upgrade this thing to make it play BF4 , Watchdogs , Take on helicopters.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 beans17

beans17

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:30 PM

Is this a Desktop or a Laptop? I am assuming it is a Desktop based on the components. And right away the first issue is your video card, its about 7 years old, so anything recent it's really not going to be able to handle well, if at all. The processor is around the same age and is also going to struggle with those specific games. Ram is easily upgraded if you have the slots, but your two biggest issues are your CPU and Video Card.

#3 Roblox

Roblox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:34 PM

I tell ya this machine gets real hot after been on for like 7 hours.

Anyway got any CPU's and Video cards i should think about getting or is it the end of the line? :(

#4 beans17

beans17

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:37 PM

Has it been cleaned at all? From dust and stuff? To me the machine seems like it is at least 5-6 years old and may be on its last legs. 100 pounds is not going to get you much. Is there any way you can post a link to the exact model, or was this a custom built computer?

#5 Roblox

Roblox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:40 PM

I had it hoovered out and some compressed air it got rid of the dust.

So i don't know i just need something. As i want to play the games :(

#6 beans17

beans17

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:45 PM

What I would suggest doing is going to this website: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

Pick the game from the drop down list, and it will scan your computer and tell you what you need to replace, if anything. And then, post a screenshot of the complete scan if possible on a new post and I will see if there is a way to get your computer up to specs!

#7 Roblox

Roblox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:53 PM

This is for (Take on Helicopters) which i own but can't play.

ZtrjkRm.png

#8 Roblox

Roblox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:36 AM

Anyone know what i can do?

#9 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:27 AM

Being realistic, not a lot :scratchhead:   A CPU, video card and RAM upgrade will cost more than £100 even if you buy used stuff from eBay.  For a significant CPU upgrade (anything beyond a slightly faster Athlon X2) you'd need a new motherboard too. At that point, you're really talking about a new PC.  I presume it's some kind of slimline HP system, because information on that Mini ITX motherboard is only on the HP site.  This type of system is normally not very good for upgrading, having limited space and low spec PSU's (which limits being able to upgrade the video card for example).

For closer to £300, I could suggest some parts for a basic system which would play games quite well.

Perhaps a used PS3 or Xbox 360 will be the most affordable way to play decent games?  Plenty of them being sold off cheaply with games now, as people switch for the latest generation consoles.

7sbvuf-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users