Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No FORMAT/DELETE option, while reinstalling Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Apposionata

Apposionata

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:37 AM

Good day everyone. Id love some help or advise. my brain cant handle it any more.

I am currently trying to reformat a pc. I want to reinstall windows but when it comes to the step of select a drive to install it says that there is not enough space. But the issue is it does not show any options wear I can format or delete. 

It says If I want to make changes to partitions, restart Windows from the installation disc.

But I also cant see to get windows 7 cd to run with start up.  

Attached File  Windows 7.jpg   181.07KB   1 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,939 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:53 AM

Hi,

Good day everyone. Id love some help or advise. my brain cant handle it any more.

I am currently trying to reformat a pc. I want to reinstall windows but when it comes to the step of select a drive to install it says that there is not enough space. But the issue is it does not show any options wear I can format or delete. 

It says If I want to make changes to partitions, restart Windows from the installation disc.

But I also cant see to get windows 7 cd to run with start up.  

attachicon.gifWindows 7.jpg

As the message says you need to boot the system using the Windows 7 DVD to be able to format/delete the partitions.

Did you enter the BIOS to change the boot order to start from the DVD first?

Is the Windows 7 DVD original and full version not upgrade?

Edited by SleepyDude, 25 July 2014 - 07:54 AM.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#3 Apposionata

Apposionata
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:28 AM

Tank you for replying to my post.

I did go into bios to change it. But this is the options it gives me when I want to change it:

ST3250318AS

ATAPI iHAS324 B

1st FLOPPY DRIVE

Disabeld

It does not say dvd. But I tryd different variations. (100% sure I went to change it in the right place)

It is an original dvd, I also made a copied of the dvd in-case the disc got damaged but it still does the same with the other copied of the disc. But I cant seem to boot it with dvd. 

Edited by Apposionata, 25 July 2014 - 09:29 AM.

#4 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,939 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:49 AM

Hi,

The DVD is the ATAPI iHAS324 B on the list.

Maybe the drive is bad! if this is the case you can transfer Windows 7 to a flash drive and try to boot from there, tutorial here.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,042 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:20 AM

When you changed the boot order so that the DVD/CD drive is the first item in the boot orde and the hdd the second item did you press F10 to save the changes?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:13 AM

You also try this without booting to the cd/dvd drive IF your cd/dvd drives read the disks.

Do what you would do with any other disk.

Put it in the dvd drive, close it up, and wait for it to be read.

If asked what do you want to do choose Run setup.exe.

The next screen will be Install Windows. Click Install now. Say yes if asked if you want the program to make changes.

Follow the onscreen instructions for the rest of the process after set up files finishes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users