Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gmail auto sending to my contacts, and auto deleting a virus link

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kungyu01

kungyu01

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:56 AM

Hi, 

Will appreciate any help regarding this issue. 
My Gmail account is auto sending an email to all my gmail contacts without my knowledge until I saw reply posts of unsuccessful emails. Contents as such:

"Good Day.

I just Uploaded a file,

I would like you to view.

Click Here to view. "

I too opened a similar email afew weeks back. Nothing seems wrong at first so I never really thought much about it.

Can someone help me on this? 

I have just changed my password for my Gmail. hopefully it stops the sending. but I want to know if my computer is infected or by using smartphones or tablets, will it affect the gadgets too? 

Thank you! 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:51 PM

A SPAMmer does not need access to your Gmail account in order to use your email address.

They can use whatever SPAM-sending program they like to send out email using *-your-* email address in the Sender's field.

Then, if any of the email addresses they sent the email to happen to be invalid, the unsuccesful delivery messages would be returned to you simply because your email address was in the Sender's field.

In order to stop this, you would have to find the person using your email address and hang them by the neck until dead. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users