Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Aura - The Future IT Security Expert

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:00 PM

Hello everyone ! My name is Aura, but you can call me Yoan, and I'm from different forums about the web, but currently a GeekU Freshman on GeeksToGo !

I decided to sign up on BleepingComputer as I'm always on your website for my PLs and also to check your file database, tutorials, etc. I decided to finally introduce myself here as I might come give a hand in the future around the Windows sections as I specialize in it and I'm a Tier 2 Technical Support (an intern actually) so I might be useful around here sometimes ! :)

So my name is Yoan, I'm 20 and I'm from Québec, Canada. English isn't my native language obviously (it's French, for the people who haven't guessed yet !), but I've been speaking/typing/reading in English long enough to be considered almost bilingual (at least, from where I come and where I live). I'm actually in a IT/CS technique program in Cégep (Cégep is part of Québec's scholar system, look it up on Google if you don't know what it is) and I've been in this program for 2 years and a half now, that means, I have another year to do then I'll get my DEC (Diplôme d'Études Collégiales). After this, I'll be going to University where I'll get a BAC in either IT or CS, I'm not sure yet. But I think I'll go in IT as it covers me the Cyber-Security domain in computing then CS. My ultimate goal is to become a Cyber-Security Expert and work for either the govermnment or a Cyber-Security firm, it's my dream and I'll learn anything I have to do in order to achieve it ! However, I intend to spend more time on programming, as I want to start coding utilities that will be useful for Windows for general troubleshooting, but also for White Hat Hacking (Security utilities). The languages I know are in my signature, below if you want to check it out. My two strong programming languages are C# (the first one I learned) and Java (the one I learned the hard way), but even there, I'm still a beginner in these languages. I'm also pretty decent at PHP and MySQL, despite the fact that I don't really like web developping. Two months ago, I finished a tier 2 Technical Support internship in one of Québec's biggest company, and this is an internship that is part of my ATE (Alternance Travail-Études) program. I've been working there as an intern from the 3rd of June, and I was supposed to finish on the 20th of December, but they extended me till January 17th (about a week before I start my next semester). Now for this summer, I'm back at that same entreprise for another summer internship ! I have countless threads with questions and issues closed to my name on other forums, and I intend to have a lot more ! My most active sections are usually the White Hat Help and Windows sections, that I post in everyday and also provide help in everyday. I assist around 3-4 people per day remotely via Teamviewer and do a full clean-up of the system (but I don't do it anymore due to me being a GTG training) of at least 1 or 2 members per day too. I also have a lovely girlfriend, she's a year younger than me (so 18), and she's also British (oh my god, that accent <3). So naturally, I always speaks in English with her.

Well I guess that you know more about me now and won't mind having me in your community.

If you ever have any questions about who I am or my introduction, feel free to ask them here, I don't bite :)

Edited by Aura., 24 July 2014 - 07:30 PM.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Machiavelli

Machiavelli

Agent 007

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 3,904 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:51 AM

Welcome to BC.

~Machiavelli

If I don't reply within 24 hours please PM me!

• Every topic with no replies within 5 days will be closed.
  • If you like my help here please give me feedback.

unite_blue.png

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,205 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:26 AM

Welcome to BC.

Thank you Machia :)
Just noticed that BC runs on the same forum software (I think) as GTG, damn :P

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users