Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Still got the problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 DottieR

DottieR

• Members
  • 278 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:44 PM

This was my first post on the 10th

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:14 PM

I have windows 7, desktop.

Nothing worked when I turned it on this morning. Browser was a blank page. Couldn't get to system restore. Finally when I rebooted it came up in safe mode and I was able to do system restore. I got a  report of a virus from AVG, but I was not smart enough to write down what it was. Now it is all gone.

Things are working fine now. I just wonder if anything is lurking.

We did all the scans and came up with nothing.

As of today_

Everything was fine for a few days. Then I lost my CD driver. fixed that. then lost the keyboard driver and the mouse had an error mark in the device manager. Then couldn't get to recovery and it was turned off, not by me. Tried to install a fix for windows installer and eventually, on restart I got a white taskbar and a blank browser window. So I went back to restore again. That is where I am now with no confidence that this will last. I suppose I should just restore from the original system image while I can get to it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:48 PM

Please stay in your original topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540566/did-system-restore-am-i-still-in-trouble/

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:54 PM

As Broni stated, please continue in your other topic. To avoid confusion for you and those helping you this topic is closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users