Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ewido Anti Malware

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 oziboi

oziboi

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 01 June 2006 - 06:45 AM

hey ppl
any1 use this software?
I have used 4 3 days, seems to work but i always find multi infections on daily scan & i mean always?????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 01 June 2006 - 06:52 AM

Ewido is an excellent product and is recommended by many security experts as part of your anti-spyware toolkit. By "multi infections on daily scan" do you mean Ewido is finding/cleaning malware files or just lots of tracking cookies?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 oziboi

oziboi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:04 AM

:thumbsup:
well doing it's job I think then :flowers: ...
I have foundtrojan.small, but mostly cookies...

#4 graveangel

graveangel

• Members
  • 399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:23 AM

Hi oziboi,

Ewido is a powerful little piece of software and something everyone should have and scan with on a regular basis. It will always find cookies unless you clear out the cookies folder on your browser.Just check under tools and find the option to empty the cookies folder,then close you web browser and run it,the log should come up clean,at least from cookies.

If its found a trojan,like you said in your last log,has it deleted it? Run a scan again just to be sure. Always remember to update Ewido before you do a scan, the trial period ends after 14 days, but after that you can still use it,only that you have to manually update it yourself just by clicking on the update button,it still mainly works as before other than that with only a few things different,but the scanning and deletion still remain as powerful as before.

On some occasions, even after you empty your cookies folder, ewido will still find them, this happens somtimes and if so it isnt really anything to worry about, but if you do find this then let me know and also what browser you use.

If the trojan is still there and none of your anti-virus software deletes it then i suggest posting a HighjackThis log to the HJT team,please be patient though,it can take up to 7days at the moment for a reply,but they will help you out. Just read the instructions first on the forum before downloading 'HJT'

Hope this helps :thumbsup:
....And on the 8th day God said, "When my children are intelligent, and create the Computer, for my sake may they never screw around with the registry or subscribe to AOL"Posted Image

#5 Elendil

Elendil

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 01 June 2006 - 10:31 AM

Ewido is a divine, powerful anti-malware program that I discovered a while ago and now I can't imagine having a secure computer without it!
Stanford '14
B.S. Candidate | Computer Science

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users