Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop turn off itself, but does not seem to be hardware issue

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 lamborgini444

lamborgini444

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:51 AM

hi to all,

last week I change my windows. I reinstalled my 64 bit windows7 to be able use all of my ram capacity. (a 32 bit windows was installed before)
I use an academic software which use most of CPU capacity when run parallel computing.( HeuristicLab dev.heuristiclab.com/)
there wasn’t any problem in my previous windows except low ram capacity
since windows change, some time after runing HeuristicLab and reaching spu usage near 100%(about one hour but not always) my laptop turn off by itself!
It’s not an overheating or hardware issue for some reason:

1. It does not turn off suddenly and take 2-3 secs to turn off (like normal turn off  but much faster)
2. When I turn on laptop again, there is not any start up repair or safe mode option on start up (this two happens for me when my laptop turns off  from overheating)
3. My room is completely cool now, I use cool pad, fan speed is normal and laptop seems to be even cooler than usual.

I don’t have any antivirus yet, and installed my 32 bit drivers on new windows (no any error regarding compatibility issues)
it seems like a turn off command by windows or windows defender to me. Perhaps caused by high cpu usage.
do you have any idea or suggestion?

laptop:
dell inspiron N5010

Corei5 2.5
4 G RAM
500 G H.D.D

Edited by lamborgini444, 24 July 2014 - 05:04 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:53 AM

Hi,

Please download and run Minitoolbox. Check "last 10 event viewer errors" and paste the results.

TsVk!

:busy:

#3 lamborgini444

lamborgini444
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:30 AM

thanks for your time
results are attached

Attached Files

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:45 AM

Is Windows fully updated?

Here's how to manually check...

#5 lamborgini444

lamborgini444
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:00 AM

Is Windows fully updated?

Here's how to manually check...

No it isn’t
I have internet traffic limitations, so I just installed service pack 1 and disabled auto update.
I downloaded latest version of Huristiclab and run it again, turn off just happened right now
I used 10 last errors reporter immediately and uploaded the result

Attached Files

#6 lamborgini444

lamborgini444
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:07 AM

I noticed that about 2 secs before turn off, my softwares were in some kind of non-responding manner! Pointer was blinking but I couldn’t see last letters I was typing

#7 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:37 AM

Please load you last 2 minidump files. You can find them at:

C:\Windows\Minidump\Minidump.dmp

Thanks

#8 lamborgini444

lamborgini444
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:32 PM

here it is

Attached Files

#9 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:27 PM

The last driver on the stack before the crash was hal.dll. This is a core system driver and cannot be manually fixed.

What happens, in simple terms, is when a new OS is installed the installer chooses the right version (there's several on an installation disk) of hal.dll depending on the BIOS, processors and system architecture. If somehow this goes wrong it can lead to an un-bootable machine or a machine that suddenly shuts down.

I recommend you attempt a repair installation from your Windows disk. Here's a tutorial if you are not sure how to do this.

Make sure you back up any essential data. Normally this process is non destructive, but there are no guarantees.

Let us know how you go.

TsVk!

#10 lamborgini444

lamborgini444
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:50 AM

The last driver on the stack before the crash was hal.dll. This is a core system driver and cannot be manually fixed.

What happens, in simple terms, is when a new OS is installed the installer chooses the right version (there's several on an installation disk) of hal.dll depending on the BIOS, processors and system architecture. If somehow this goes wrong it can lead to an un-bootable machine or a machine that suddenly shuts down.

I recommend you attempt a repair installation from your Windows disk. Here's a tutorial if you are not sure how to do this.

Make sure you back up any essential data. Normally this process is non destructive, but there are no guarantees.

Let us know how you go.

TsVk!

Thank you TsVk!
I reinstalled windows and every thing works fine now.

#11 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:40 AM

Glad to be of service...

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users