Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

I have a virus, what should I do?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Elenour

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:52 PM

Hello I've had this virus for a while. By a while I mean a few months or longer. I've been able to hide it away by using adblock, but the fact that it's still there bothers me. I'm not able to open steam without seeing popups. It's similar to this: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514102/confusion-with-sudden-pop-up-ads-and-highlighted-words/page-2 But I'm not sure if it's the same. I'll attach a picture. (I'd like to make it known I would not enjoy those stories). Any ideas on how to fix it? It's pretty overwhelming and I have no clue how to fix it. I used wattpad.com as an example, because it seems to overload on that website. This, as I said before, happens to anything with a web connection. Meaning steam, google chrome, firefox, internet explorer. Thank you in advance, Elenour.

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 24 July 2014 - 09:13 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:57 PM

Go to the malware forum on our site. 

You do this by first going here, to read how to post and where, what and when. 

Then follow the post link to post to our virus forum.

Please wait, do not do anything to your computer unless a forum, Malware expert, or Moderator tells you too.  They will make sure your computer has no virus, malware on it, and help you secure your computer.  Only work with one person at a time, DO NOT go to different sites and get help there too.

Good luck and please stick with the antivirus experts, they help a lot of people, and it can take a few days to get to you, but they are as good as it gets.

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

#3 hamluis

• 55,014 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:12 AM

Moved topic to Am I Infected forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users