Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Touchpad Object Helper Window

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AlishaB

AlishaB

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 01 June 2006 - 04:36 AM

Hello,

Wow! What a cool community.

I am having trouble with Mouse Icon. I use the touchpad on my laptop. It works just fine, but when I go to shut down I get the following End Program message - TouchPad object helper window. I allow the Task Manager to End the program on its own. I get this response: This program is not responding, To return to Windows and check the status of the program, click cancel....to end the program now, click End Now. I have hit cancel and tried to look up in Task Manager why this message is coming up, but I can't find it in the Task Manager under Applications and Processes. Also, I went to Control Panel - Mouse, but nothing happens when I click on it. Mouse is not responding. I have to press End Now to shut down my laptop. Hope there is a simple solution. The last thing I download was Turbo note (digital Sticky notes) and Norton Anti-virus. This message has been around for about 2 weeks now. Thanks for any advice you can give me! Again, the touchpad works just fine, but I get an error message when I go to shut down my computer and the Mouse Icon is not responding on the Control Panel.

Alisha

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:21 AM

The best and easiest fix would be to use Windows System Restore to return your system state to a date that precedes the two week period since the anomaly began.

start>programs>accessories>system tools>system restore.

It will not affect any data you entered since but you will have to redo all updates (which may be a good thing because there was a Symantec Update that caused problems for some users that has been corrected now and may have even been the cause of your problem)

If that doesn't work, uninstall "Sticky Note" and see if that corrects the problem. If not, delete and reinstall the Norton Update.

Lat us know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users