Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't access the windows 8 store

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Choober

Choober

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:44 PM

Hello, I've been stuck on this problem for awhile, I've ran scans etc and can't seem to access the windows 8 store,

when I click on it I get this message 

MDMPb ̬S!t# T8@ #-Lw@̬Sx x ,US Eastern Standard TimeUS Eastern Daylight Time6.2.9200.16384 (win8_rtm.120725-1247)

I did a sfc scannow, ran malwarebytes, ran nod32 online scan.

and still can't seem to figure this out. 

My main goal is to update to windows 8.1 but can't seem to do it without going to the store.

Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,989 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:58 PM

I just spent a few minutes looking to see what I could find might be your problem.

Found this: Why can't I find the update in the Store? - Windows Help

You may want to run the trouble shooter mentioned in the above link.

There are a few things you should do before you start installing.

1. Back up your files. Although your files and apps come with you when you update to Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1, it's a good idea to make sure that your files are backed up first by setting up File History.

2. Make sure you have enough free disk space. If you're currently running Windows 8, you need 3,000 MB of available space to install the 32-bit version of Windows 8.1, and 3,850 MB of available space to install the 64-bit version of Windows 8.1. On a Windows RT device, you need 2,250 MB of available disk space to install Windows RT 8.1. For more info, see Tips to free up drive space on your PC.

3. Plug in your laptop or tablet. It's important to keep your PC plugged in throughout the update process, because if you lose power before it's done, the update might not install properly.

4. Connect to the Internet. It's best to stay connected until the update is done. If you don't, you’ll need to connect again to finish setting up later, and setup will take longer.

5. Get the latest critical and important updates. There are some updates you might need before you can install Windows 8.1. In most cases, the latest updates will be installed automatically using Windows Update. But if you don’t have automatic updates turned on and you need to check for updates manually, or if you'd like to check to see when the latest updates were installed, you can do this from Windows Update. For more info, see Windows Update: Frequently asked questions.

6. Temporarily turn off your antivirus program. Some antivirus software might interfere with the installation. After you install Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1, remember to turn your antivirus program back on.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Choober

Choober
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:15 PM

I just spent a few minutes looking to see what I could find might be your problem.

Found this: Why can't I find the update in the Store? - Windows Help

You may want to run the trouble shooter mentioned in the above link.

There are a few things you should do before you start installing.

1. Back up your files. Although your files and apps come with you when you update to Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1, it's a good idea to make sure that your files are backed up first by setting up File History.

2. Make sure you have enough free disk space. If you're currently running Windows 8, you need 3,000 MB of available space to install the 32-bit version of Windows 8.1, and 3,850 MB of available space to install the 64-bit version of Windows 8.1. On a Windows RT device, you need 2,250 MB of available disk space to install Windows RT 8.1. For more info, see Tips to free up drive space on your PC.

3. Plug in your laptop or tablet. It's important to keep your PC plugged in throughout the update process, because if you lose power before it's done, the update might not install properly.

4. Connect to the Internet. It's best to stay connected until the update is done. If you don't, you’ll need to connect again to finish setting up later, and setup will take longer.

5. Get the latest critical and important updates. There are some updates you might need before you can install Windows 8.1. In most cases, the latest updates will be installed automatically using Windows Update. But if you don’t have automatic updates turned on and you need to check for updates manually, or if you'd like to check to see when the latest updates were installed, you can do this from Windows Update. For more info, see Windows Update: Frequently asked questions.

6. Temporarily turn off your antivirus program. Some antivirus software might interfere with the installation. After you install Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1, remember to turn your antivirus program back on.

I'm getting this error when I install the update

Code 6B7

Thanks again for helping.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,989 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:42 PM

Just to clarify....you have successfully downloaded the 8.1 update and during the install of the update you get that error....correct or not?

That was a fast download for such a huge file.

Did you use the Trouble Shooter?

I can't find any info on that error Code 6B7....hopefully someone more familiar with Windows 8 will respond with a solution for you.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 Choober

Choober
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:19 PM

Just to clarify....you have successfully downloaded the 8.1 update and during the install of the update you get that error....correct or not?

That was a fast download for such a huge file.

Did you use the Trouble Shooter?

I can't find any info on that error Code 6B7....hopefully someone more familiar with Windows 8 will respond with a solution for you.

No the 8.1 update does not show up on the windows updates, though other things show up like a bing tool bar and a 32 bit office update but I run a 64bit.

which is sort of odd. 

Anywho, I can't get the update because I can't even get into the windows store to download it. 

Also I ran the trouble shooter again, it said it fixed some things but still not able to access the windows 8 store.

I also run the task manager and close the store and open it again and still nothing and keep in mind i'm still getting this error

MDMPb ̬S!t# T8@ #-Lw@̬Sx x ,US Eastern Standard TimeUS Eastern Daylight Time6.2.9200.16384 (win8_rtm.120725-1247)

Edited by Choober, 23 July 2014 - 07:20 PM.

#6 Cobalt006

Cobalt006

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:16 PM

I have no ideal if this will help you or not. But when I was having problems with win 8.1 Update and the store.  After trying every windows fix I could fine. I  ran this program  called. Windows  Repair. It fix all my problems

( Your error code 6b7)  Is  MSI (window installer). This program dose repair this..  You can get it at this link.   Hope this helps you with your problem.

Windows Repair (All In One)

#7 allanf

allanf

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:41 AM

A word of caution about the Windows Repair utility from tweaking.com.

It can do more harm than good.

I used it and immediately started having problems with my machine slowing down and temporarily locking especially when trying to copy large files.

I had created a restore point before running it and was able to use this to undo the harm it had done and get everything back to normal.

#8 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:44 AM

You can only access the Windows Store from a Microsoft account, not from a Local account.

#9 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,989 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:26 AM

Agouti...when you go to the Windows Store, are you asked to enter account info such as Outlook email address and password?

Or do you stay logged in to a Microsoft account?

I suppose what I am asking is how would Choober access the store for the first time if Choober does or doesn't have a Microsoft account?

I did see this:

To refresh the content in the Store
  1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)

2. Enter run in the search box, and then tap or click Run.

3. Enter wsreset.exe in the Run command and then tap or click OK.

4. Restart your PC.

5. On the Start screen, tap or click Store, and check to see if Windows 8.1 now appears on the Store home screen.

For more info about updating to Windows 8.1, see Update to Windows 8.1: FAQ.

Edited by buddy215, 24 July 2014 - 08:28 AM.

#10 Cobalt006

Cobalt006

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:51 AM

I used it and immediately started having problems with my machine slowing down and temporarily locking especially when trying to copy large files.

I had created a restore point before running it and was able to use this to undo the harm it had done and get everything back to normal.

Never had a problem , Save me from a complete install of my OS.   

#11 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,989 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:27 AM

Many members have used the All In One Windows Repair tool successfully.

If you click on and read the info in each screen shot here....Windows Repair (All In One) Download

it warns about known issues such as attempting to use it when computer is infected with malware.

I have no qualms with using the tool and have recommended its use many times. But as it warns...be sure to

backup registry and create a restore point before use.

#12 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,986 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:38 AM

Hi Choober,

I suggest you try to execute the following commands on the Command Prompt running as Administrator and tell us the result.

dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Note: A fast way to open the Command Prompt as Administrator is to press the windows8_key.png key + X and from the menu click Command Prompt (Admin)

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#13 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:44 AM

I too have not seen any posted problems resulting from running the Windows Repair (all in one).  I have suggested the use of this program many times with no problems resulting from its use.  

Out of curiosity I did a couple of Google searches to see what I could find related to problems resulting from running Windows Repair (all in one) and didn't find a single return.

The results you posted could occur if your computer was infected at the time that you ran this program. 

Edited by dc3, 24 July 2014 - 11:45 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#14 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:27 PM

I suppose what I am asking is how would Choober access the store for the first time if Choober does or doesn't have a Microsoft account?

He can either create a new Microsoft Account or convert a Local Account into a Microsoft Account.

Personally, I have a Microsoft Account but I don't use it.  All my computing is done from a Local Account.

#15 Cobalt006

Cobalt006

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:00 PM

He can either create a new Microsoft Account or convert a Local Account into a Microsoft Account.

Personally, I have a Microsoft Account but I don't use it.  All my computing is done from a Local Account.

I think what the op is saying is the Microsoft Store app .Will not open.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users