Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deleting Cookies

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sharpie

sharpie

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 01 June 2006 - 02:53 AM

ok-
if i go tocontrol panel-internet options-delete cookies will i still be remembered when i come to sites that ask me for my user name and password? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 01 June 2006 - 03:04 AM

No, you won't be remembered.
However, if you go to Control Panel > Internet Options > Settings > View Files, you can see a list of all your cookies, and choose to keep those that you use when logging into a site, whilst you can safely remove the rest, ones that you have not visited, or do not want.
Hope this helps,
Charles

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 sharpie

sharpie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2006 - 03:30 AM

thanks so much :thumbsup: . if i were to use a program like ad-aware se personal wont it delete some of my cookies? :flowers:

#4 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 01 June 2006 - 04:09 AM

Hello sharpie,
Ad-aware will remove some cookies, but only those that it feels will be harmful to you. After running Ad-aware you could delete the ones that brings up, but you don't have to worry about removing any others if you do not want to. Cookies are not harmful to your computer, they just store bits of information, such as log-in details and passwords.
Hope this helps,
Charles

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:06 AM

Ad-Aware SE will only recommend cookies for deletion it considers spyware or tracking cookies. It also gives you the option to review these and not delete those you really need.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 bicycle bill

bicycle bill

• Banned
  • 339 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:53 PM

I have found the following to be a neat little free program to delete just the cookies you choose to.

http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptcookie.asp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users