Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

samsung 0.7 Sync Master (Generic PnP) Monitor 80mA

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 82yrs young

82yrs young

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 AM

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:11 PM

When I turn on my computer, I turn on the monitor at the same time. The monitor on and off button start blinking in an unsual manner, two quick blink on and off for 7 to eight minutes. Then the screen opens and I get to type in my password. Does any one out there can come to my rescue. Please let me know if you require additional information. :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 12,849 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:45 PM

If the monitor is of any age, seems likely it may have a problem like bad capacitors on its power supply PCB. As a check to confirm it is the monitor, not the computer sending a weird signal to the monitor, you could try another monitor on the system, or see if the monitor can display its own menu initially during the odd blinking. If the menu fails to display, that would likely localise the fault to the monitor itself, although I guess it's possible the monitor might be unable to show its menu if it's receiving an unacceptable input signal.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 82yrs young

82yrs young
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:40 AM

To Platypus,

Thanks a lot for the info. I must say, however, that what you're saying sounds nice.....but it also sounds like algebra to me. As it goes I only have one monitor in the house. One monitor is one headache, two monitors would only be two headaches.......By the way the monitor is 7 years old, quite young compared to me.

#4 Datcoolguy

Datcoolguy

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:52 AM

Alright, what he's trying to say is that it might be a problem with the monitor inner workings, and he's trying to get you to test the monitor on it's own, or to try to get someone to lend you a different one to test it on the computer and see if the computer is the one causing this odd behaviour

Either way 7 years is actually a long time for nowadays technology, so it might be dying out.

Edited by Datcoolguy, 27 July 2014 - 11:56 AM.

"If you don't understand how your computer works, you shouldn't be messing with it!"

#5 82yrs young

82yrs young
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:37 PM

Thanks to both of you, I get the message. Since my computer is the same age as my monitor, perhaps I should seriously start thinking and replace both items. I hope my wife does not see your messages, being 82, I am sure you know what I mean..... :guitar:

#6 Platypus

Platypus

• 12,849 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:20 PM

I was indeed suggesting the first step should be to work out if the problem lies with the monitor or the computer.

On the other hand, one or the other having a problem can easily be the spur to update to a nice fast new system... :)

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users