Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Very Bizarre Situation with my Windows (C:) Harddrive - please help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lior23

lior23

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:38 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm usually fairly savvy with computers, definitely no expert... but this situation is one I cannot solve.

So my Windows (C:) SSD drive has been randomly filling up with space. It's 100 MB from being full.

I checked all the files, and I checked all the hidden files... they all add up to 50 GB out of the 100.

I checked my resource monitor... nothing weird there. 

I performed a disc clean up... and it removed around 80 MB.

I removed old system restore and shadow copies from the disc clean up... still nothing.

I actually have no clue where this space has gone, and what it's occupied with, and why I can't see it on the drive, and why it keeps filling up.

If anyone can advise me on what steps to take I'd greatly appreciate it. 

Much thanks!

Lior

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:48 AM

I'm not particularly savvy with Win 8 myself, but on other Win systems with a similar symptom I have found SpaceSniffer great for diagnostics.

Let us know what you find.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users