Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reinstalled Windows 8 Clean re-install and now Sound Issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 eljanitor

eljanitor

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:38 PM

Hello I recently installed the Windows 8.1 upgrade on an Asus A75V 17"laptop and upgraded from Windows 8 only to have crazy issues afterwards. So I backed up my computer and did a clean reinstall from a windows 8 retail disk, because it was running fine running Windows 8. I installed all the drivers back onto the computer from the ASUS website for my model of laptop. Then merged all my data back, re-installed Word etc and I thought it was fine.

Unfortunately when I went to play music in iTunes I noticed bad sound quality that I don't remeber hearing before. I only get sound out of 1 built in speaker, and intemittently I get sound form both internal speakers for about a second. I plug in a pair of headphones and I have full stereo sound through the headphone jack. So I reinstalled the realtek audio driver that ASUS reccomends, and I get crazy issues, like no sound at startup at all. I look in my device manager and it now tells me that I have Realtek audio driver and Windows high definition audio driver installed. 

I had to uninstall the Realtek audio software in programs and features, in control panels, and also uninstall the driver. I then also unistalled the Windows high definition audio driver and restarted my computer. It loads the Windows high definition audio driver everytime without fail, and I get sound from both speakers. So I go to check that I'm getting sound form both speakers by using the balance for left and right, and it drops the right speaker!  However when I plug in headphones I get left and right in full high quality stereo.

No matter what I do it will always reload the Windows High definition audio when I update the driver with the realtek audio driver. So after many tries and great frustration I decided to leave the realtek audio driver uninstalled and use the Windows high defintion audio driver. I really don't want to use the Windows High definiton audio driver, I would like my realtek audio driver to work and use both speakers as it did before I made the mistake to upgrade to Windows 8.1.

Just in case I lost you I currently have Windows 8 pro 64 bit, an Intel core i7 3630qm processor 2.4 Ghz with 8 Gb RAM. It's non touchscreen and I have all the current windows updates installed for Windows 8.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to remedy this problem? I feel like I'm loosing my mind with all of this.

Edited by eljanitor, 22 July 2014 - 11:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:31 AM

Try installing the latest Realtek HD Audio driver Ver2.75 for Win8. Here: http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&

or here: http://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/17056/  This link provides some guidelines.

You should be able to roll back the driver if Ver2.75 does not work.

I never make the same mistake twice....I always make it 5 or 6 times just to be sure!

#3 NinjaGamingXD

NinjaGamingXD

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:59 PM

Hello eljanitor

1. First, go to http://tinyurl.com/RealtekHDAudio 

2. Install the latest Realtek HD Audio Drivers, 

3. Done! if still not solve post back.

Audio drivers available for download from the Realtek website are general drivers for our audio ICs, and may not offer the customizations made by your system/motherboard manufacturer. To be sure you obtain the full features/customizations provided in your original audio product, please download the latest drivers from your system/motherboard manufacturer's website.

Thanks,

Edited by NinjaGamingXD, 23 July 2014 - 07:00 PM.

#4 eljanitor

eljanitor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:59 PM

Yep no bueno, still doing the same thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users