Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recommendation for best computer Remote Control

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DJ90

DJ90

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:19 PM

Hello everyone, my wireless keyboard has packed up and I'm currently searching for a good replacement. Since I mainly used it as a computer remote control I am searching all remote control options. I mainly need to remote control VLC, Winamp, keyboard and volume. Any recommendations?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ShadowHunter1

ShadowHunter1

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:27 PM

Are you using mac or PC? If you are using PC and own an Android tablet or phone you can use Vectir PC Remote Control for Android. You also need to install the Vectir PC Remote control server on your PC. Vectir Remote Control turns your smartphone or tablet into a PC remote control which means you don't need to buy a new wireless keyboard or remote. It is preconfigured with remote controls for VLC, Winamp, keyboard and volume just like you mentioned. Otherwise I recommend Harmony remote controls. My preference is to use my Android tablet as the PC remote.

#3 badr0b0t

badr0b0t

• Members
  • 328 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:02 PM

For android, Unified Remote is also highly recommended.

sig07.gif?psid=1

(Click sig to enlarge.)                                                    

#4 DJ90

DJ90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:28 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. Vectir remote control is perfect for what I need! I can now use both my Android phone and tablet as my computer remote control, I didn't know this was possible. I also tried unified remote but found Vectir to be much better. Vectir remote lets me browse my Winamp and VLC playlists and also view my desktop on my phone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users