Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My wireless network is dropping out

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Mareisha

Mareisha

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:33 PM

Hello there!

First of: My mother tounge is german, but I am sure I will understand everything you write. If there should occur any problems in understanding what I wrote, feel free to ask me what I meant.

Why I signed up on this side: I have a problem with my wireless network dropping out in the time from 00:30 to ~ 08:00. In german forums I asked for help was no solution to this problem found. For I read a lot of good articles, tutorials and posts on this site, with instructions even I was able to follow, I decided that I would try my luck here. :)
How it began: 

I needed a new PC for gaming, so I invested my money in the parts and set it up myself. It is based on a Gigabyte H87-HD3 mainboard, an i5-4440 LGA1150 processor, 8GB Ram. OS is Windows 7, Home Edition. The Wirelesscard I chose is a TP-Link TL-WN951N, 300Mbps/2.4GHz, Atheros AR922X.

At first everything was working as it should. We got a router, one floor under mine, with a repeater on my floor. It's an fritzbox, sadwise I can't say which model. It was working fine for like 3 months, then my wlan started dropping out every now and then. My father tried anything in the settings of the Fritzbox to get rid of the problem, but after several days without any clue to this problem I decided to set my PC up again.

(Maybe I should add that my Laptop is connected to the same network and working fine - with not problems occuring, neither then, nor now.)

When I did that, the problems continued. I found that I was connected to our network with 54 MB/s, but down and uploading with like 2kb/s. After I deactivated the intern Windows Firewall I was able to connect to our network with 130 MB/s, and since then it was working fine. But since that very day (3 Months ago now) every night at 00:30 my PC deconnects from the network, and instantly reconnects. After that I got a very, very slow connection (though it still tells me I got 130 MB/s), and my down- and uploadrate is somewhere between 2kb/s and a dead hamster. This continues to approximately 08:00, but I'm not sure about that for I usually am not online in this time that often. ;P THough I use my internet in the time between 20:00 and 02:00. 

This is very frustrating to me, and I don't find any answer to this problem. To warn you: I got only a little experience with the settings of the adapter and network, so you'd have to explain me step by step what to do, and which information to post.

Thank you for spending your time reading this!

Mareisha

Edited by Mareisha, 22 July 2014 - 06:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users