Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

water cooling - problem with fans

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Barnack

Barnack

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:26 PM

I'm building a water cooling system? but i've some troubles with fans. my punp has one head for fans with 3 pins.
I have 3 fans with 4 pins that i shouls connect to it.
Questions are:
1 exists a way to connect 3 fans to one connection? (A triple with 3 pins basically)
2 how do i make 4 pin fans work? I need an adapter or i connect them to the 3 pins head leaving the fourth pin out?
fans MUST be connected to the pump, cause it has an internal software completely indipendent from the rest of the computer. (im speaking only about the fans of the water cooling obviously)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ezzah

Ezzah

• Members
  • 438 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:14 AM

Are these three pins the ones on your motherboard? 3 or 4 pin connectors can go into the 4pin looking connectors on the motherboard, there is no need for a adapter.

mYIGVc5.png

#3 Barnack

Barnack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:27 AM

1 - Exists a way to connect 3 fans to one connection? (A triple with 3 pins basically)

I need to connect three fans in only ONE entrance, and i need to know if it's possible, and how.

[one connector with 3 pins]

|_fan1

|_fan2

|_fan3

2 - how do i make 4 pin fans work? I need an adapter or i connect them to the 3 pins head leaving the fourth pin out?
fans MUST be connected to the pump, cause it has an internal software completely indipendent from the rest of the computer. (im speaking only about the fans of the water cooling obviously)         

Maybe i didn't explain correctly. The Fans have 4 pins, while i should connet them to the pump, that has only 3 pins. Btw, you wrote only about the motherboard, and the only thing i shurely explained well is that

fans MUST be connected to the pump

so not to the motherboard...

Sorry if i didn't explain correclty

#4 Ezzah

Ezzah

• Members
  • 438 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:45 AM

It's possible with a y-splitter, or splitter, to connect several fans to one head.

Also, 4 pin fans can hang off 3 pin, like this:

http://www.allpinouts.org/images/7/7e/Connector_mbfanpwm_4to3pin.png

mYIGVc5.png

#5 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:30 AM

Hi, there quite few things that are not exactly clear here. Could you please provided a detailed list of all the components of the system and watercooling parts and the specific model pump you currently have?

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#6 Barnack

Barnack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:57 AM

3 fans need to be connected to aquastream XT USB

http://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/attachments/72794d1234524148-aquastream-xt-ultra-usb-anschluss-usb-pumpe.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users