Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Using Ipad as an Iphone (IS IT POSSIBLE EASILY??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 highfrequencyventila

highfrequencyventila

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:37 PM

I hope this is in the right forum. If Its not, well I appologize PERFUSLY. Because I hate contaminating forum which are for one topic with another topic  because I don't know which topic to put my current subject in. I HATE IT. I hope I'm not doing it now. If I am, I am PROFOUNDLY SORRY. I have a question. I'm not really sure you can help me. I have Two IOS devices. One an IPHONE 4 and one an IPAD AIR. The iphone 4 has a cracked screen. I use AT&T and I have a SIM CARD IN MY IPHONE FOUR obviously. Who would not have a Sim Card in an Iphone? But My Iphone 4 is useless now. Can't see a thing. Touch ability shot. It comes on but Its unusable. Question. Is there a way I can put my SimCard in my Ipad and use the Iphone's SimCard on the Ipad make calls and text? I'd heard that was possible. Can I do this without paying, without getting new cellular service? What can I do IF ANYTHING AT ALL?? I'm dealing with a queer Mom who's wanting me to get the Iphone screen fixed and she doesn't know a thing about Technology. SO, she doesn't understand Its going to cost BIG TIME), to get the Iphone fixed. Besides the Ipad is easier for me to use because It is obviously BIGGER and I have vision problems and use the Ipad for most everything I do on an IOS. So what do I do to get this fixed? In getting It fixed CAN I possibly make phone callstext, FaceTime is obviously, but can I do this with my same cellular service on my SimCard or what? Thank you. I'm really hoping you can help, but I heard you need a bucn of apps third party I guess I gotta get those from other companies gotta set this up with AT&T, and other stuff (I HAVE NO IDEA). Thank you so much, and God bless.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:54 AM

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5554

#3 Quevvy

Quevvy

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:07 PM

If your SIM card is compatible with your iPad (center's link above), then you should be able to use it for cellular data. You may have to contact your provider since the type of service is technically changing. However, you may be able to just try switching on your own.

With respect to calls and texts, things that use data and not the SMS/MMS and calling abilities will work fine. This includes iMessage (messages to other Apple devices) and FaceTime, provided by Apple. However, everything you do will use cellular data (whereas iPhone calls and texts are separate from data usage). There are many apps to replace the texting and calling though, such as WhatsApp, Skype, etc. but they will all be third party, and use data.

[There's another option which might be a possibility: jailbreaking. I've never done this with an iPad, but there may be capabilities to turn it into more of a phone-like device, but I'm not sure.]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users