Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help me recover my USB Flash Drive!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 A6Tech

A6Tech

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:20 PM

So, here's the problem. As far as I remember, I left a large file transfer to my USB drive running while I was out and when I came back, I found my USB drive on the table. Someone probably unplugged it while using the computer, but it was during the data transfer process and now when I insert the drive, it shows "no media" error, and "write-protected" error and similar things. I tried using HP USB Disk Repair Utility and it shows the same error, I tried using Parted Magic, still can't access the USB. Is there a solution for this? Thanks for the help!

Edited by A6Tech, 22 July 2014 - 01:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 A6Tech

A6Tech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:52 PM

Guys, after a month of research last year I found no solution for corrupt USB drives, but today I found the solution, which should work for all USB Drives with "no media", "write protected" related errors. Here is the solution: http://www.flashdrive-repair.com/2014/02/best-usb-flash-drive-repair-software-recovery-format.html

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,854 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:33 PM

Very nice find A6Tech. In fact I am going to reference your link in another thread. Hopefully it will work for the OP.

#4 A6Tech

A6Tech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:06 PM

Thanks mate, it would be good if there was a software like that, maybe one day I'll make a software with it's own database and AIO features for any kind of USB failure.

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,854 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:41 PM

It was just pointed out by bludgard here that some of those links will get hijacked with multiple windows opening in IE.

Edit:I downloaded one from the MediaFire link and it seemed to go okay, I used Firefox with NoScript, Adblock, and Ghostery.

Edited by JohnC_21, 22 July 2014 - 06:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users