Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help removing pup.optional.FreeCauseTB

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 lalsoong

lalsoong

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:36 AM

Hello I am running Windows 7 on my desktop and it has been infected with FreeCause. I have run ADWcleaner, Junkware removal tool, malwarebytes and hitmanpro.  Removed some malicious files but I am still having issues. Start button and programs open up the Help Menu. Chrome opens with numerous tabs. I attempted to run rkill, all 7 names of it in safe mode but it will not start. Any suggestions on what I can try next?  Thanks for any help!

Christine

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 polskamachina

polskamachina

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,042 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:44 PM

Hi lalsoong :)

My name is polskamachina and I will be assisting you with your malware problems.

Please follow this link where you will find the Preparation Guide before using malware removal tools. Most importantly, please post the DDS logs as explained in step 6.

Let me know if you have any questions.

polskamachina

#3 lalsoong

lalsoong
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:38 PM

Thanks for responding. Since posting to the forum, I have successfully removed the malware infecting my desktop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users