Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Explorer.exe crashes for only one user

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 JavaMike

JavaMike

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:31 PM

I've seen many people post about this problem and I've tried all the solutions but none have worked.

I have a Windows 7 SP1 fully updated system.  Initially had problems with Windows Update and discovered a virus.  Used Avast and Malwarebytes to scan and remove and recheck (and another, can't remember).  By the time that was done, all was clear, but the update problem wasn't solved, and then the explorer.exe crash problem started.  I created a new admin user in Windows, and the crash problem doesn't happen for that user.  Explorer crashes when using file manager, especially when trying to access Computer, or when right clicking. I can use Xplorer2 without any problems, even right clicking on files.

I reinstalled Windows 7 without losing programs and data.  Update problem was fixed. Explorer crash problem not fixed.

I tried disabling all shell extensions.  Didn't work.  Booted in safe mode.  Still crashes.  Booted in clean mode, still crashes.

I don't want to port the user data to a new account because of some software installed that I can't reinstall for the new user because the disk is lost, so I really want to fix this user account.

Thanks for any help you can give.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users