Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

One Characteristic Of Spy Sweeper

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Darthy

Darthy

The red side of the Force

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 31 May 2006 - 07:20 PM

Do you remember this mail of mine?

Darthy May 29 2006, 12:24 AM
Hi guys
What do you think about Spy Sweeper?
In this site TopTenReviwes, they tell us it wins the gold medal. :thumbsup:
Can you tell me something about it? :flowers: or :trumpet: Thanks.
Regards,
Darthy

Well, today I can tell you something more about this tool.
Yesterday I see one friend of mine install this tool in his computer and after that, its speed felt drastically for less than 1/3 of its normal speed.
He did everithing and finally, after several trials, he had to restore its PC for a date before the instalation of this tool.
Why did this happen? Somebody can tell me something about this? He already write to Webroot to ask why.
Let's wait an answer.
Regards,
Darthy
Εν οίδα οτι ουδέν οίδα - Socrates
Thanks John

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elendil

Elendil

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 31 May 2006 - 08:15 PM

It all depends on how much system resources he has avaliable (RAM, Processor speed, etc.). For instance, when I had the trial verison, yes I did notice some slow downs (due to its shields and real-time monitoring), but it wasn't the dramatic because I had quite a lot of system resources on hand and ready to use.
Stanford '14
B.S. Candidate | Computer Science

#3 Darthy

Darthy

The red side of the Force

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 31 May 2006 - 08:29 PM

I forgot to tell one thing about spy sweeper. It treats spyware doctor like an hostil BHO.

It all depends on how much system resources he has avaliable (RAM, Processor speed, etc.). For instance, when I had the trial verison, yes I did notice some slow downs (due to its shields and real-time monitoring), but it wasn't the dramatic because I had quite a lot of system resources on hand and ready to use.

He has, also, a lot of system resources. After all he had to restore its PC, like I said.
Εν οίδα οτι ουδέν οίδα - Socrates
Thanks John

#4 Elendil

Elendil

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 01 June 2006 - 10:39 AM

Well when I had SpySweeper I didn't feel the need for Spyware Doctor because in my opinion, SpySweeper greatly exceeds Spyware Doctor's powers.
Stanford '14
B.S. Candidate | Computer Science

#5 Twistshifter2

Twistshifter2

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 01 June 2006 - 10:43 AM

the program works great, i got the full version, i used to use spybot and ad-aware and once i installed that it found like 78 different traces that they didnt pick up, another great program thats good is made by
webroot and called window washer, very handy tool that cleans your computer. :thumbsup:
What It Do!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users