Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2010 Freezing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fitzy04

fitzy04

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:59 AM

Hello everybody. So we have an end user here at my company that is having a strange problem. Almost every day, between 4:00 and 5:00, his Outlook freezes for not apparent reason. He said he isn't doing anything special when it freezes. He's even emailed me a list of the stuff he does when it freezes and it's a decently lengthy list. So it's safe to say that a specific action isn't causing it. There are even a few times where he wasn't even using Outlook and when he maximized it from his toolbar, it freezes. It's hard to troubleshoot this issue when it only happens at a certain time. He says that he has to reboot his computer to get Outlook to work again, and by this time, it's pretty much the end of the day for him. The only reason he needs to reboot is that he has to finish sending a few emails that he needs to get out to the recipients that day. Below is the things I have tried as fixes:

Repair the MS Office 2010 program

Ran a cleaner

Uninstalled, ran a cleaner, reinstalled MS Office

Deleted his mailbox file from the C: drive so when opening, Outlook had to recreate his profile

Check the rules and delete any rules he had

Nothing seems to be working and I'm out of ideas. Has anyone else seen this problem before? Does anyone know how to fix it? Or at least have something(s) I can try? Any advice at all is greatly appreciated. The specs of the computer are listed below.

Dell Optiplex 780

Windows 7 Professional (I believe it's pro)

Microsoft Office 2010 (Outlook 2010 is the problem)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,226 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:22 PM

Is it just that one user? Sounds like a scheduled task is running on that PC at that time that is using up lots of memory.

You may want to have a look at Task Scheduler on that machine to see if anything is set to run at that time. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc721871.aspx

If that isn't the issue, set up and run Performance Monitor on that PC to see what is happening. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd744567%28v=WS.10%29.aspx

#3 fitzy04

fitzy04
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:55 PM

Sorry this took so long to get back but it seemed to be tied with a RAM issue. One of the memory sticks was not fully inserted. When securing that memory stick, it seemed to resolve the issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users