Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Put DVD Content on Web Site

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 scooter2028

scooter2028

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:09 AM

(I'm clearly a newbie at this.)

I'm building a home web site with key household information such as what bills we have, how they're paid, list of healthcare providers and their contacts, contact info for the contractors we use (lawn service, painter, etc.), a layout of where are irrigation system sprinklers are and other helpful info.  There is a page with links to all of the reference manuals for appliances, electronics, computers and everything else.

We have a couple of instructional golfing DVDs that I'm trying to put on the site.  I have copied the files off them, put those files in a directory and placed a link on the web page.  There are several .VOB, .IFO and .BUP files.  When played directly from the DVD, Microsoft  Media Player plays the contents fine.  When you double-click on the file copied to the hard drive, VIDEO_TS.VOB, MS Media Player plays everything correctly.  The DVD content has a scene menu and you can click to play different sections - that is very important to this exercise.  The menu works great from DVD and also when playing directly from the files.

The Problem:

When you click on the website link to play the content from the files the Intro plays and stops.  The menu choices aren't active.  Here is the html for the link: "<a href="Golf-Bgnr2Winr/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.VOB">Play Beginner To Winner</a>".

Questions:

1. I have searched the net and found a number of references about ripping the DVD content.  Also converting the content.  However, since I was able to copy the content so easily and play it without effort, I though I wouldn't have to do any ripping or converting.  Is my assumption correct? 
  2. What is the best way to get this content to play and preserve the scene menu choices?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users