Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows doesnt boot anymore

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hadjis

Hadjis

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:22 AM

After an automatic Windows update was completed I shut down my computer but when I booted it again, the monitor went a bit blur with small blue Lines appearing when Windows start and the quality of the resolution was significantly lower. Also the computer became slower however I was still able to use the system. Then i decided that a format-reinstallation of Windows 7 ultimate from the cd would solve the problem. Hence, I booted the Windows 7 via cd and followed the standard sequence of installing Windows and clicking on custom (advanced) and deleting the partitions. When the Windows finished collecting the necessary Information and required to restart i did not press any key to boot from CD as i was suppose to and after Windows started and registry was set up, the last step of completing installation of Windows was on its way. However, after the step finishes, a black screen appears and although it should have displayed the "press any button to boot from cd" that would lead to the creation of username and name for pc etc, but instead it displays just a black screen with a flashing cursor along with white dashed vertical Lines. If i leave the screen like that then the system just restarts like nothing happened and the Windows error recovery pops up appears but even if i start Windows normally then the loop starts where the system just restarts.

I have tried system recovery and entering safe mode however in both attempts it failed as windows don't exist to enable a safe mode boot.

Thanks for your time taking to read my post and gradually you can help me solve the frustrating problem that I have encountered.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:15 PM

Assuming that you have a legal CD and license...change the boot order in the BIOS...insert the CD, clean install.

FWIW:  Once the system begins install procedures from CD/DVD...there is no need to ever "press any key" when reboots occur.

Louis

#3 Hadjis

Hadjis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:53 AM

That is what I did but it isn't working

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,552 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:51 PM

System manufacturer and model?

Last successful boot occurred on what date?

Louis

#5 Hadjis

Hadjis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:33 PM

Really thankful for trying to help me sir! I gave it to a repair company and they said it is probably a burnt graphics driver

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,552 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:51 PM

:thumbup2: , thanks for keeping us informed...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users