Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Headphones make a static sound

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tehbrandon

tehbrandon

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:27 PM

So I bought these headphones a couple of months ago and there has always been a static noise in them. It's not as easy to hear when I have a game going on in the backround or music, but you can SLIGHTLY still hear it. When no other sound is coming out, it is clear as day.

They are Skullcandy SLAYR headphones, bought them for around $80 bucks. I know that Skullcandy has a deal where you can send them back whenever you want if they break or something so I might just try that if I can't fix the problem beforehand.

I've tried plugging them into different USB ports on my computer and it still makes a static sound. I have also tried jiggling it around while it was plugged in but the static noise remained.

Could it be a conflict with sound drivers? I had old headphones from steelseries which I assume installed some driver on my computer and now I switched over towards the Skullcandy ones which installed a new driver on my computer as well when I initially plugged them in.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,049 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:31 PM

Do they show up in Device Manager?  If so try deleting them then reboot, after the reboot plug the head set it it may load generic Win derivers.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 tehbrandon

tehbrandon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:30 PM

Yeah, still have a static type sound to them after I tried that. This is what shows up in my device manager btw.

20ubg4z.png

Edited by tehbrandon, 21 July 2014 - 06:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users