Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Im looking to build a gaming pc

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ralph4

ralph4

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:51 PM

As the topic says im looking to build a gaming pc but im not looking for pc's that use liquid cooling mainly because im trying to figure out a price on how much it's gonna cost me just to build it but right now my budget is 2500$

here's the basic case spec's i'd like to look into

for the back i'd wanna add 2 80MM box fans for the top of the tower 120MM fan and for the front whatever gaming pc's use to suck air in.

ok now that the case is out the way lets start with the mother board i'd like to look at asues mother board for starters that can handle 4.0 GHZ of processing power.

ok here's a list of what im looking for in my gaming pc

3.6 GHZ of processing speed or 3.8 GHZ with no over clocking
16 GIG's of ram
4 GIG's of graphics from the graphics card
great heat sinks for keeping the pc cooled off
Operating system WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64 BIT EDITION

there's a pretty basic idea im pretty much looking for help on finding one or getting someone to custom build a pc for me.

Edit: Moved topic from Computer Gaming to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:20 AM

Hi, based from your criteria, the budget you have can certainly fulfil it although most cases nowadays do not have dual 80mm fans on the back but do not worry as the pre-installed fans are more then sufficient in producing airflow in the case. Any motherboard can handle the clock speed of 4GHZ, it is more to do with the CPU itself whether your luck of the draw of getting a CPU that can overclock to that extent. Below is customised list from a well known and reputable custom system builder:

Vybe Z97 (system-vybe-z97) $2,482.00

Special Promotions:

$50 Summer Savings!

Special Promotions:

[Radeon R9 280X or higher REQUIRED!] Radeon Never Settle Forever Gold Award (Your choice of three FREE games!)

Chassis:

Vybe Windowed Compact Mid-Tower Case

Exterior Finish:

Space Gray - Matte finish

Interior Finish:

Rosso Scuderia - Matte finish

Motherboard:

GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI

Processor:

Intel® CoreT i7 4790K 4.0GHz/4.4GHz Turbo 8MB L3 Cache HD 4600

Processor Cooling:

MAINGEAR EPIC 120 Supercooler

MAINGEAR Redline Overclocking Service:

Intel® Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking

Memory:

16GB Corsair® VengeanceT DDR3-1600 1.5V (2x8GB)

Graphics and GPGPU Accelerator:

AMD® RadeonT R9 290X 4GB GDDR5 w/Eyefinity

Power Supply:

750W EVGA® SuperNOVA 80 Plus Certified PSU - GTX 780 SLI Ready

Hard Drive Bay One:

500GB Samsung® 840 EVO SSD (w/TRIM) [540MB/s Sequential Reads]

Optical Drive One:

24X Dual Layer DVD RW Drive

Audio:

Realtek® ALC1150 - 7.1 Channel High Definition Surround Sound Supporting S/DIF Optical Out

Ethernet Adapter:

On-board Gigabit Ethernet

Operating System:

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

The Final Finesse:

Designed, Manufactured, and Supported in the USA - Flawless Craftsmanship and Wire Management

Angelic Service Warranty:

Lifetime Angelic Service Labor and Phone Support with 1 Year Comprehensive Warranty

http://www.maingear.com/boutique/pc/viewconfig.asp?config=IIJLF

The CPU itself is already 4GHZ at it's stock frequency hence overclocking is not required. There was no Asus motherboard as a option although the Gigabyte motherboard chosen is a high end model and will do a fine job. 

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:29 AM

I bought a Maingear PC a few years ago, they are very good.  You are paying a premium though.  Are you going to be building this PC yourself or are you going to have someone else build it for you?

3939.png

#4 ralph4

ralph4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:02 AM

well I plain to let someone build a pc for me mostly and to be honest with you i'd see why you would recommend a pc like that for the only thing i don't really like about that build is that it's OVERCLOCKED and that's not what im looking for in a pc so if we can lets try to stick with non overclocked pc builds because i plain to use this pc for years.

and I almost forgot to mention im planing on just using air cooling alone with no liquid cooling at all.

Edited by ralph4, 21 July 2014 - 08:08 AM.

#5 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:22 AM

The overclocking service (extra cost for that service) is not chosen as the "Intel® Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking" is actually just the normal turbo boost feature of the CPU that dynamically increases it's frequency during certain tasks. New updated list:

http://www.maingear.com/boutique/pc/viewconfig.asp?config=IIJLJ

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#6 Datcoolguy

Datcoolguy

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:35 PM

Yeah, intel been doing it for a while, as i see it they sell processors as "3.5 ghz 3.9 Turbo" when in reality they are just 3.9 Ghz processors that throttle down when usage is low, there's no overclocking there, since they are working inside the manufacturer specs and were designed to run as such speed, now if you where to raise it to 4.5 now that would be overclocking

Either way if you are planning to get an Intel processor don't use the stock cooler, since it uses pre applied thermal paste it decreases in effectivity quickly, make sure to get a good termal paste and a good aftermarket cooler, remember, the lower temperatures it has to stand the more it'll live.

Also you can build pretty decent machines with half of that budget

Edited by Datcoolguy, 28 July 2014 - 04:35 PM.

"If you don't understand how your computer works, you shouldn't be messing with it!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users